Friday, March 4, 2011

SG : Sri Mariamman Temple


Funny that I was looking for this temple at Little India and was totally surprised when I found it at the end of  downtown Chinatown district in Singapore. Needless to say, this is one of the missed attractions on my prev SG trip which was on my list this time around.








The Sri Mariamman Temple is Singapore's oldest Hindu temple. so imagine my surprise when I had a glimpse of it at the end of Pagoda St. in Chinatown. The last thing I expected to see in a Chinese district was a Hindu temple. But well, Singapore is a multi-racial city where everything comes in a mixed surprise.







We didn't have enough time to get inside.







But even just a small peek from the entrance door at this side had already left me an impression how beautiful it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment