Monday, March 21, 2011

Ancient Egypt & The Lost World

Ancient Egypt

Universal Studios, Singapore





"Ancient pyramids and obelisks stand fast against the sands of time as you are transported to 1930’s Egypt, the Golden Age of Egyptian Exploration. Travel to an era when entire Pharaohs tombs were discovered- and their terrible curses unleashed".- borrowed from U Studios, SG's website, hehe. Well, I would have had said the same description of the place, anyway.


I like this angle where the future and the past stand side by side. In the background (before Ancient Egypt) is the Battlestar Galactica, the world tallest roller coaster at Sci-Fi City.



Just make sure you are not under these giant statues when an earthquake strikes. eeeee. .





In this side of Universal Studios, Revenge of the Mummy is the most popular one.



I heard a lot, really detailed experiences from my friends, of this attraction and well. . . sorry, obviously not for this less-fearless mom.



If it's only all about creatures ( plagued on all sides by huge fireballs, swarms of scarab beetles and an army of warrior mummies, all in total darkness. ) tricking appearances, I could survive. . .


but to ride a high speed indoor roller coaster, mostly in total darkness? No. Brother, my opposite, totally loved this ride. He tried it not only twice but thrice and wanted another one if only we were not losing time.







While waiting for him, we went across and found this Treasure Hunters which specifically for children. The staff at the entrance stressed : this attraction is very nice for kids! But look at the queue_ mostly kids at heart! , haha.



that included me!! shameless me, even drove the poor little ancient car.My thicker faced friends were my passengers, we didn't have kids with us, hahaha.









So there_ fake smoking mummy, fake snake and croc. . hey hey! what are you bitching about??? You were warned that this is a boring ride for kids, remember? hahaha.


How glad we were when it was over, haha.


The Lost World



I closed my eyes. . .



and when I opened them, I found myself in The Lost World!



At the Jurassic Park it was already lunch time so we ate here .



There were four attractions here but most of them required me to get wet. So I choose the Canopy Flyer, away from the water splash.






Ok, no water wetting - check, but hey no one said it was a roller coaster ride, mini, yes! but still. . . .!!!!! I just closed my eyes all throughout the ride and caught my breath at the end, haha. Everyone, except me, looked bored thu', hahaha.


Another major attraction here, if it's your first time like mine, is the WaterWorld which you could see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment