Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Li Bien Ornament

I joined a flock of people watching this woman painting



in a very unique discipline. . in a very unique canvass. .


She's painting a glass ball ornament.. . she was painting in reverse, the inside of the ball. .how cleverly artistic is that!


 
The "Li Bien" Ornament
In Chinese, the phrase "Li Bien" means "inside." The Li Bien Ornament showcases the age-old skill of inside painting. Through a small opening in the ornament, the artist repeatedly inserts a miniature brush to paint the artwork. The process is painstaking and time consuming requiring two days to paint each ornament. The resulting ornament is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind keepsake you'll treasure for years to come.

Found her at a shop in Chinatown, Singapore. Somewhere at Smith Street, if I could remember it right. Much that I admired the works, I didn't buy a piece which looking through these photos I suddenly felt a pinch of regret. When I get back, I really have to get one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment