Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Nuffnang Story

It's the season of Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards once again! The first one was on 2009 and glamorously held at the cosmopolitan Singapore. I'm proud to say that I was there, yees!! I won an invite to attend the first ever NAPBAS night at Pan Pacific Hotel in Singapore. It was truly a night to remember but that wasn't all! Included was an all expense paid tour of the city of Singapore. Have I mentioned that everything was actually free? Airfare and hotel accommodations included. Can't stop thanking Nuffnang for that awesome experience.
And now whaaat??? The generosity of Nuffnang continuing on with the 2nd NAPBAS  :
Come 16 December 2011, 500 bloggers from around the Asia-Pacific region will flock to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards 2011 in Putrajaya Marriott. The Awards aims to not only honour the region's best bloggers, but also to bring together blogger communities from across Asia-Pacific. The Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards is brought to you by Volkswagen Malaysia and Putrajaya Marriott.
Again _ now whaaat??? I wanna come and be a part of this.
 Is it asking too much to grant my wish to be there. . again? I'm taking my chances, why not? First of all, my mind is not  made yet to which contest option I should enter : "My Nuffnang Story" or "Nuffnang Blog Awards Here I Come" ????
Here's why :
:
:
V


My Nuffnang Story commenced the first month I started blogging on 2009. That week I installed Nuffnang widget in this website, was the very week the first season of NAPBAS was on going. Flashing on my side bar was the contest invite for the Uniquely Singapore. To cut the story short, I joined and won an invite. Attended the event . . and sad screwed a once in a life time chance to get connected with bloggers, with those awesome people in the blogosphere.
 Going back to that year of 2009, I had just quit from my job and decided to be a stay home mom. But a woman with all her natural multi tasking talent couldn't just be a plain housewife/mom. Right moms? Back then I had just newly discovered blogging as a personal hobby and in so many ways still full of ignorance. I didn't even have a dslr yet then and was using a point and shoot camera. So when I joined the group of chosen bloggers attending the 1st NAPBAS , it was still a whole new world to me.



Can you spot me here? I bet with difficulties. haha. There I was with short hair, at the back of the woman in yellow.
The event triggered my sleeping insecure self especially when I found out that the group representing the Philippines  was composed of bloggers with names I've been reading quietly at home. Omg, I thought I was the only one unknown there. So through the whole course of the event I just kept to myself and stayed in the corner. Damn my insecurity for wasting a big opportunity to connect!! Now I know.



see I was always me & myself, haha. 
Everyone made connections and friends, except me. haha. I was so non-existence then, I'm sure no one remembers me.
If  "My Nuffnang Story" should be all only about how many of friends made since then and how many Nuffnang events joined and how big  Nuffnang earnings and how popular the blog already is now . .since then. . .well,  I'm afraid I have no Nuffnang story :(.



But I'd like to thank Nuffnang for bringing -in my long lost friend back to my life. If you have time you can click to my entry for Uniquely Singapore that would remind you that this girlfriend I hadn't seen for decades then was my motivation why I wanted to win that invite to Singapore. She was based in SG. Anyway, fast forward, after the 3 days event of NAPBAS 2009 in SG, I went on to meet my best friend. Forward more, since then we keep our connection intact until to this day. Those who follow my blog could attest how frequent we see each other now. Memoirs of our trips together are all gladly posted in this blog.
My endless gratitude to Nuffnang.
Can you consider it as Nuffnang story???


Now_ " Nuffnang Blog Awards, Here I Come". I would like to attend NAPBAS 2011 cos I screwed my first chance and praying for a second chance. .cos this time I know better. After all, since then I grew two years older bloggingly speaking. I'm happy with my blog today and the baby steps it walked those two years. I subconsciously just ignored the financial perks and connection demands of blogging for  that time being and simply concentrated on "me" writing. Wiser, I feel Ascertain Bliss is ready to mingle now. I wanna raise the bar and be "there". I've seen how fun Nuffnang events for bloggers. Time to get out of my comfort zone and wish to be a part those. Just right on time, NAPBAS 2011 is here  and where else is the best place to jump start ?? ==> at Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards 2011 where the best of bloggers community will once again make noise over blogosphere. Already, I could feel my blood rushing with excitement. The red carpet and all that glam at the blog awards night . . . that's Oscars to bloggers! I'm also excited to tour around Kuala Lumpur and to blog about its beautiful places.

Will you take me in then. . . pretty pretty please NUFFNANG!!!


2 comments:

  1. How did you all guys get an invite??? I mean do you have to have joined the nuffnang ads? I often see nuffnang ads mostly in the blogs... I am just curious... I hope you get to it next time...

    lzlpio90,
    http://mytravelanywhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi lzlpio90,
    ..you mean to the 1st nuffnang blog awards in SG? the invites were won thru a blog contest. i entered the contest and luckily won. same way this 2nd NAPBAS2011 in Malaysia. you can join too, visit Nuffnang site. the first photo on this post will bring you there.
    yah, i hope to win an invite for this year.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete