Thursday, October 20, 2011

North Bintan Tour (part1)

My recent trip was such a combination_ of boring tours and amazing experiences. Well, for now let me begin to share with the mediocre ones. This is only because, until this time ( it has been almost a week since I got home) I'm pretty much still on a holiday mode and my blogging enthusiasm seems to be on vacation mode too.



Can you spot me there? This was in a ferry terminal at Bintan, Indonesia. Already looks like one of our local domestic airports, right? Anyways, we kindah arrived earlier, so much earlier for our resort's booking and had to look for things to do to fill-up the hours.




Brother suggested to avail a  tour package, to more or less have a glimpse of the culture of the island. He was very keen on seeing an actual "kampong" (an Indonesian hamlet or village). Bestfriend agreed quickly and in a jiffy we availed the North Bintan Tour from one of the booths in the terminal, not by choice but it was the only one available matching our free time. So for about S$55 per head, our itinerary said : * vegetable farm and fisheries, * Chinese Temple, * Tanjung Uban (second town), *small Malay fishing village, * local beach (Sebong Pereh) and * a shopping center at POO. The package also included a lunch or dinner (Kelong sea food) and fresh coconut water.




Our driver / tour guide had given us the leeway to decide which place would come first. We thought we all needed an early lunch so we headed to our first stop _ Aneka Seafood, a restaurant by the sea. Hmmm, I wasn't feeling it on the first sight as we entered the establishment, I saw household going on in the restaurant. with laundry, baby sitting and the kitchen (yes it was very visible at the entrance) was not a sight to behold. Blame me not, as usual my entry point before this was the sophisticated Singapore and so far no Malaysia nor Indonesia ( and sure may I include my beloved country- Philippines) could come close to the perfectly neat SG.




Aside from the busy entrance, in fairness, the restaurant was airy and clean. The food?_wella, later you could visit my food blog .



Underneath the restaurant was a very clean sea and outside the windows a bonus of an idyllic scenery which was very refreshing.




Brother had this captured by his lens.




Lunch was done and we had our first aroma of the island.




Outside, I noticed an altar_ Buddhist? not sure.




Onwards to our next stop. . may I take a pause here?. .promise just for a short while. .maybe I'll be back as soon as  tomorrow. . see you on my next post.
For now, go check the food here please.


No comments:

Post a Comment