Sunday, January 31, 2010

On Traveling

When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road. ~William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways



The best thing I love about traveling is the freedom to reinvent myself. The quick change, the transformation of what I wanna be. The free ground of anonymity..no past, no present, no future. Just be in the moment of how I feel.



Reinventing oneself is such a tedious process that many times I ended up in my old self all over again. There are so many factors to consider and time element holds a major number.




But when I travel, there's immediate response to transformation. Suffice to say_ I am really transported physically.



When I am in another place with different culture, weather, language, food.. I embrace a chance to camouflage and for a while let myself fade in the background. I enjoy_dressing the same way people of that certain place do, eat their food, listen to their language, appreciate their culture and simply enjoy the opportunity to experience a different me.. in a haste.

Spontaneous spells a lot about my true nature. But my life in general is already attached to responsibilities which control most of my spirit emancipation.


Traveling gives that freedom to me. Such short lived escape brings instant gratification.




Apart from the destination , it is really the new me in that new place that tick me to travel.



Traveling is such a bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment