Monday, August 24, 2009

Bangui's Wind Turbines



Being from the south of the Philippines, the north to me is quite far and therefore the least that I've visited. I could only cite one north destination that I frequent and that is Baguio. If not for this summer capital city I would be totally blank about the North. Since going up to Baguio entails a seven hour drive and passing a number of towns in the north, this somehow familiarizes me, however limited, in one way or another.




One of the places in the North which is offshore to me is the Bangui Wind Farm in Ilocos Norte. Since Ilocos is not "on the way to Baguio" the way Pampanga, Pangasinan,Olongapo and some Bulacans are, the idea of visiting the place is an effort to the max.
I haven't been there yet myself, but atleast husband been there. That means it would only be a matter of time and I'm sure I'll get there with him and the kids.
So for now, let me share his photos of the place.




Marvelous wind turbines, so much revealed as the land marks of the place.




Overwhelming size  of the wind turbines.




... a wheel, is like as big as olympic size swimming pool.

























View  from the road going down the beach.





Well, that's all for now.

























No comments:

Post a Comment