Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Casa Ibiza

This was a day last week of an infinite queue. Early part  towards late part of the day was consumed with a friend  doing manic S&R shopping. If you're a S&R member shopper, you know what I mean! S&R annual sale?_ spells crazy here in the metro! The loooong-est queue of people entering, pursuing pushcarts, grabbing cheapest salable items, buying, paying _ madmad crazy!!! Shame-on- me was there cos I too is crazy about scoring 50% off (even more) items. haha. It's funny but I'm telling you it was hard w-o-r-k !!!
As if the almost whole day S&R mad queue wasn't enough, I proceeded to the neighbor establishment, to the DFA for my passport renewal appointment. What now?? Whatelse but more hours in long queue of passport applicants. Omg! The day really tested my patience. But I gotta do what I gotta do!
The sun set on me standing in the boulevard and was picked up by my family. I almost forgot. I made an overnight reservation in Casa Ibiza. It's supposed to be just a tad more than an hour drive having its location in the nearby Antipolo, Rizal, but because of the rush hour traffic condition, it took us like nearing four hours to reach the place. Woaahhh!!! Really a whole day full of patience exams.
Thus, explained my not so nice impression of the place when we arrived , coming from those mad queues, You've got to understand me.
But anyway. .  .




. . my first impression of the place was vividly colored open air cabanas and jubilant colored villas. Followed by a lame reception or was it the absence of it.
We were placed in a tiny two storey villa with three small bedrooms, two baths, a tv room and a kitchen.




Children went straight to watch their favorite t.v. show while snacking. We had dinner on the road. While husband and I felt a need for a fresh air. Went out to have a night glimpse of the place.




We found a garden with white pagoda which I suppose where wedding banquet is being held. Within is a matching white open reception hall.




We wanted to have a drink or two, but the bar was empty_ of staff and everything.


When we came back to the villa, the girls had already chosen each room. I hadn't seen it and had to check.




Older daughter got the smallest room among the three rooms. It got nothing but a super slim single bed and an aircon.




Younger daughter got the medium room with again a bed and an aircon.

Husband and I, ofcourse got the I supposed the master bedroom cos it's the biggest one. It has its own bathroom and a closet and an aircon. In fairness, all rooms, thu' all pretty small against my expectation, were clean and span.








All rooms were on the upper level of the villa. The first floor has the sala and kitchen. Don't be deceived by photos above. The place is even smaller in actual size.
The villa is claustrophobic and quite similar to the low-cost, cluster housing in the suburbs. You wouldn't want to spend time in it and would push you out to catch a fresh air.








The facade of each villa is painted with individual loud color. Which personally, I don't think is enough to capture a Mexican villa. If you're up to experience a Mexican inspired accommodation here in our country, I would recommend the villas of  Pueblo por la Playa in Pagbilao, Quezon.




However, the lack of air inside the tiny villa was compensated by the airy garden of Casa Ibiza.




With the splash of colors all over the Casa Ibiza, it's undeniably one  photogenic resort.




It has a pool. .




.. and another one  wading pool. We made a pass on swimming. The pool failed to entice us and were actually more enticing in photos.








If you're seeking for energy and adventure, this is not the weekend place for you. Ambiance here is reflective  and really restful.




Husband had to have his breakfast ahead of us cos he still had his work that day and had to report to his office.













Left us to commute back to the city upon check-out.. We took a tricycle infront of the resort which sent us to the fx station in the town. The fx took us to Megamall which is the drop off point. I found the commuting faster cos it wasn't rush hour then.








No comments:

Post a Comment