Saturday, July 28, 2012

Buddha Tooth Relic Temple


This was taken a year ago. At a Buddhist temple in Singapore which for a time I couldn't  locate which. This one is just a reminiscent of the whole album I took of the place. Lost now in my hurricaned cyber files. Again I reminded myself to not forget to take photos of marker of the place if only to help me name it later ( like even years later when I feel like I already want to do a post about  it, haha ).




Until my visit again to Sg with my daughter last April this year and we set foot again around Chinatown.




This time I was able to take a photo of the marker of the place. See. . :))))




So now I know. This maroon red temple is the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. Befitting the metropolitan Singapore, "old" is definitely not a word to describe the temple. I've actually seen quite a number of temples around Asia, including in my own country, and usually their existence aren't lower than a decade at least. But this is in Singapore, everything seems to have been built " just yesterday ".




I'm always fascinated with the details of a temple's gate, or of our churches' doors. There would always be interesting characters.




We failed to get inside the temple. We were worried that our clothes that day (shorts and sleeveless tops) weren't appropriate to enter one. We just took photos from the outside. I was considering the photos I had taken a year ago with my brother. But when I got home, I couldn't find them anymore.




I also knew, I would be stopped when I would be seen taking photos of the Buddhas inside so I just took from the outside with inappropriate lens. Those Buddhas were so beautiful but this shot is a failure.




I'm not a religious person but a very prayerful one. I breath with prayers everyday. I pray for peace of mind, good health, safety, balance, positiveness, but always I pray to give back the glory to God for the flowing love I receive everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment